1. Her birthday is coming up - February 16.
2. She shares her name with a character from Rent, but assures us she was here first.
3. Her books are currently published in the following languages (other than English, obviously): French, German, Italian, Swedish, Polish, Catalan, Croatian, Romanian, Dutch, and Turkish.
4. She has this to say about people who ban books: "Banners . . . they love to ban. It makes them feel important."
5. While she hasn't seen Hamlet performed on unicycles (found in Suite Scarlett) she has seen "Shakespeare sets comprised entirely of fruit."
Here is a picture of her, isn't she pretty?
And here is a link to a list of her books!
For the second part of the assignment, here are some other people's posts about authors I like!
Puss Reboots looked at Nick Bantock - his Griffin and Sabine books are amazing.
At Other Stories we have Michel Faber - I couldn't put down The Crimson Petal and the White.
Melissa chose the fantabulous Mo Willems - fantabulous sums him up! :-)And since my husband is reading one of his books right now and because Suey's great, here's her post on Brandon Sanderson.
DanaB posted about the wonderful Maeve Binchy.