Monday, June 1, 2009

Book Awards Challenge Wrap-Up

Made it just in the nick of time! I'd somehow forgotten the challenge ended on June 1, but I managed to hustle (with a few late-in-the-game substitutions!).

I managed to represent 9 different awards, yay!


Agatha Award: Murder with Peacocks by Donna Andrews

Alex Award: Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen

Anthony Award: Mystic River by Dennis Lehane

Booker Prize: Hotel Du Lac by Anita Brookner

Carnegie Medal: Millions by Frank Boyce Cottrell

IMAC Dublic Award: Out Stealing Horses by Per Petterson

Newbery Medal:
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle


Orange Prize: On Beauty by Zadie Smith

Printz Award: How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff

Favourite: Murder With Peacocks - it's just a really fun book.
Runner-up: Water for Elephants - a great story, cleverly told.

Least Favourite: Out Stealing Horses - I know lots of people really liked this one (including memebers of my book club) but I think it was just too... quiet for me.

Thanks so much to 3M for hosting this challenge - it definitely challenged me to read some books I probably wouldn't have picked up without it.

3 comments:

raidergirl3 said...

well done!

I agree about Out Stealing Horses, not bad, just too... quiet.

I haven't heard of the Peacocks book, must write that title down, I like mysteries.

tinylittlelibrarian said...

Yeah, it wasn't bad. Just not my thing. I also seem to have a bit of trouble connecting to works in translation, I find.

It's great fun, I highly recommend the series!

3m said...

Congrats! (I loved Out Stealing Horses, though.)