Sunday, May 11, 2008

I'm back!

Hi, y'all! I'm back from a glorious vacation in Charleston, South Carolina (good Googling, raidergirl! :) ). It's a beautiful city and it definitely deserves its reputation of friendliest city in the US. We already can't wait to go back.

There was so much to see, do, and eat that I only managed to read one of my books, Sullivan's Island, which was great and will be reviewed soon.


Thanks for dropping by while I was away, I look forward to catching up on what everyone's been reading!



I haven't organized my photos yet, so I stole this one from Flickr - it's Charleston's Pineapple Fountain and one of the things I most wanted to see. I love the whole hospitality pineapple thing the city has going on: " The pineapple is a symbol of hospitality in Charleston and throughout the south. Legend has it when the sailors returned to Charleston from the West Indies over 150 years back, they would often bring tropical fruit. Pineapples were hung over the door to signal that the man of the house was home and the family could accept visitors ~ or you may prefer the saucier version that it was a signal to the temporary companion that her true love had come back to Charleston." (From Charleston, Per Se)

1 comment:

Julie said...

When I was a kid we took 2 family vacations to Kiawah Island outside of Charleston. I remember enjoying Charleston a lot.