Monday, November 1, 2010

Book Awards Challenge IV Wrap-Up


10 awards. 10 months. January 1 - November 1, 2010

Well, sadly the challenge page doesn't seem to have been maintained, so I'm not sure if it matters that I finished, but I did! And it matters to me, I guess that's what counts. Once again I was pleased that it encouraged me to read some "better" books. And here they are:

1. Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout - 2009 Pulitzer Prize

2. Still Life by Louise Penney - 2007 Anthony Award for Best First Novel

3. The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents by Terry Pratchett - 2001 Carnegie Medal

4. Her Royal Spyness by Rhys Bowen - 2007 Agatha Award nominee

5. The Outcast by Sadie Jones - 2008 Costa First Novel Award

6. The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley - 2007 Debut (Gold) Dagger

7. Airborn by Kenneth Oppel - 2004 Governor General's Award for Children's Literature

8. What I Saw and How I Lied by Judy Blundell - 2008 National Book Award for Young Readers

9. Three Girls and their Brother by Theresa Rebeck - 2009 Alex Award

10. When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead - 2010 Newbery Medal

Favourite books:
Entertainment value - Three Girls and Their Brother

Writing quality: Olive Kitteridge

Least favourite:
The Outcast

1 comment:

Kim said...

Well done! Sadly I did not finish this challenge this year although I have finished in previous years. I am thinking of keeping it as one of my challenges for next year as there are books on my list that I truly do want to read.

I wonder what happened to the host of this challenge? It seems she just kind of disappeared.

Anyway--I agree with you....it DOES matter that you completed this one and I am actually going to read about some of your book choices on Amazon's site!
*smiles*