Monday, September 7, 2009

I'm back!

Sorry for the long absence. I've just gotten back from a 3-week road trip/visit to Husband's hometown and didn't feel much like blogging, too much fun stuff to do. Such as discovering the world's greatest truffles in Deadwood, South Dakota. The things are the size of golf balls and come in about 2 dozen flavours!

If you're ever in that neck of the woods, it's called The Chubby Chipmunk. (It's worth a visit for the name alone!) In addition to the shop, they have a vending machine outside called the Chub-o-Matic, so if you need truffles at midnight, you can get 'em.




6 comments:

Louise said...

Welcome back :-)

Lisa said...

Golfballs, you say?

I live in Rapid City, SD and I think perhaps a trip to Deadwood is in order!

tinylittlelibrarian said...

Louise - Thanks!

Lisa - Yup! And the flavours are so great and there are so many! Dark, white and milk each have at around 10 flavours, including several toffees, chocolate chip, key lime, various cheesecakes, various fruits, peanut butter...I don't even know which one was my favourite! My husband tried one of their seasonal ones, Cheddar Beer Cheesecake and, despite the name, it was delicious! They're artisans there, man. I don't know how I'll survive - I doubt they ship to Canada. I think we're going to be going to South Dakota every year! Actually, I wish we'd gotten time to visit Rapid City. If we do go back, I might ask you for some tourist tips!

Lisa said...

Please do! South Dakota is beautiful, isn't it? Who would ever expect that?

tinylittlelibrarian said...

It is! I was really pleasantly surprised. And so many things to do with kids! If I ever manage to have any, I'll have to bring 'em, for sure.

Minnesota's kind of like that - I never would have thought much about it, but now I love it!

Anonymous said...

A three week road trip sounds great! Welcome back.