Saturday, October 11, 2008

What's in a Name? Challenge Wrap-Up



Hooray, another challenge finished!

My books were:

Book with a colour in the title:
Beige by Cecil Castellucci (3.5 stars)

Book with an animal in the title:
Dear Sad Goat: a roundup of truly Canadian tales and letters
compiled by Bill Richardson (3 stars)

Book with a first name in the title:
Agnes and the Hitman by Jennifer Crusie and Bob Mayer (3.5 stars)

Book with a place in the title:
Looking for Alaska by John Green (4.5 stars)

Book with a weather event in the title:
Nights of Rain and Stars by Maeve Binchy (3.5 stars)

Book with a plant in the title:
Revenge of the Kudzu Debutantes by Cathy Holton (3.5 stars)

Favourite books:
I'd say entertainment-wise my favourite was Agnes and the Hitman - it was funny and sexy, had elements of both a thriller and a romance, and was a bit odd.

I rated Looking for Alaska the highest because it was very well-written and definitely deserved its Printz Award. It was a gripping, tragic story with just a bit of humour thrown in for balance.

I enjoyed all of the books, thankfully, so I don't have a least favourite.

Thanks to Annie/Debi for hosting - it was really fun to find books that fit the categories. Apparently there are already plans to do the challenge again next year and I'll be sure to sign up!


No comments: