Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Numbers Challenge Wrap-Up



Hooray, another challenge completed! Thanks to Callista at SMS Book Reviews for hosting this fun one.

The rules were simple, 5 books with numbers in the title between January 1st and August 1st. 3 titles could overlap with other challenges, 2 had to be unique (which I didn't realize until I was almost done, so I'm glad she extended the date til August!).

My books were:
1. The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith
2. Cocktails for Three by Madeleine Wickham
3. One of those Hideous Books Where the Mother Dies by Sonya Sones
4. 21 Proms by various authors
5. Second Chance by Jane Green

Favourite book?
Well, I gave 2 of them 4 stars - The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency and One Of Those Hideous Books... I'd say my top fave was the Detective Agency because I found it really charming and it brought back my faith in McCall Smith (the last couple of his I'd read hadn't wowed me as much as 44 Scotland Street).

Least favourite book?
I gave the other ones all 3 stars, so none of them were bad books. I'd say it was probably 21 Proms just because I'm not really that big a fan of short stories, but I don't regret reading it.

No comments: