Renay at Let's Get Literate is hosting it. Full details can be found here.
Here are the rules, briefly:
1. Make a list of five books you love.
- Five. I'm as serious as a beached whale.
- All titles must be books you've read in 2007, 2008 or 2009.
- Please don't list a series; just the first book. If you really want to list a book in the middle of a series, you can, but it has to be that specific book.
- Feel free to share why you're putting the book on your list, because I am nosy.
2. Post your list:
3. Browse the new booklist.
4. If you review your books, you can share your review.
It's SO hard to pick just 5 books, rather like Sophie's choice. But here are some that I love and I hope some of them are a bit (pardon the pun) novel.
The View From Mount Joy by Lorna Landvik - I really enjoy her books and I love that they take place in my second-home-by-marriage, Minnesota. This book really is about joy, particularly finding it in the people and places you love even when life throws you some bad situations.
East of Eden by John Steinbeck - This is one of my husband's favourite books and when I read it last year I couldn't believe that one book could just have so much to it. It's quite amazing.
Miss Julia Speaks Her Mind by Ann B. Ross - This series just makes me happy. It's light, funny, Southern and Miss Julia is a great character - an old-fashioned lady but when she does speak her mind, look out!
The Pajama Girls of Lambert Square by Rosina Lippi - I know some bloggers didn't care for this one, but I just loved it. Partly because of my love affair with South Carolina last year but also because it's funny, romantic and a bit quirky and a bit sad. Also, I loved the idea of a shop full of women who go to work in beautiful pajamas!