Friday, August 17, 2007

Questions for Bloggers

Stolen from Dewey. :)

What are you reading right now? The ones in the sidebar.

Do you have any idea what you’ll read when you’re done with that? Screen Legends by Bruce Yaccato and then I'll FINALLY be finished the Alphabet Challenge!

What magazines do you have in your bathroom right now? A Cosmo from a couple of months ago and the freebie magazine from the movie theatre.

What’s the worst thing you were ever forced to read? Lord of the Flies in high school. I loathe it to this day.

What’s the one book you always recommend to just about everyone? Lucky You by Carl Hiaasen.

Admit it, the librarians at your library know you on a first name basis, don’t they? Kind of a trick question for me, since I work in one. :) But the children's librarian from the library I went to as a kid still remembered me at a library event we were both at!

Is there a book you absolutely love, but for some reason, people never think it sounds interesting, or maybe they read it and don’t like it at all? I can't really think of one other than the amazing Holes by Louis Sachar. I did a booktalk on it for middle-schoolers when I was fresh out of library school. But because it was a bit of a complicated plot and thicker than the Mary-Kate and Ashley/Goosebumps they were used to, none of them would take it out. Then a couple of years later it became a huge hit and teachers were reading it in schools, there was the movie, etc. If they'd only listened to me, they could've been ahead of the crowd!

Do you read books while you eat? While you bathe? While you watch movies or TV? While you listen to music? While you’re on the computer? While you’re having sex? While you’re driving? Eat - sometimes, but usually magazines so I don't get the books dirty. Bathe - again, magazines. Movies/TV - no, I can't focus on both at the same time. Computer - only while I'm sitting waiting for The Sims to load. :-) Sex - no, I think my husband would be a bit offended. Driving - I don't drive, but I do read a lot while taking transit.

When you were little, did other children tease you about your reading habits? I don't remember any specific examples, but I'm sure they did.

What’s the last thing you stayed up half the night reading because it was so good you couldn’t put it down? Actually, this happened just the other day - The Off Season by Catherine Gilbert Murdock. It's the sequel to her delightful Dairy Queen and, unlike many sequels, I found it just as delightful as the first!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think I'll do this one! You always find such fun stuff.