Friday, April 10, 2009

Tattoo

Husband and I spent a chunk of Good Friday watching 5 hours of VH1's 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs. I may be a short, roly poly children's librarian, but secretly I wish I was Joan Jett or Rockstar Supernova's Storm Large or a small, round, female Steven Tyler. So I said to Husband, "I need a tattoo to up my bad-ass quotient." He countered, "Yeah, but you'd get a butterfly or a teddy bear or something totally girlie." He was right, he knows me too well. I shamefacedly admitted that I was considering a heart and he rested his case. Then we started to think of bad-ass yet cute tattoos - he came up with Winnie the Pooh giving the finger or "Horton Hears the Bullet With His Name on it."

But it got me thinking and I think I've come up with the perfect one. You should get a tattoo of something that's important to you and children's books are important to me, so why not one from the best children's book ever? And I happen to think it's pretty bad-ass.


BUT I just used Google Images to find a picture from the book and it looks like I'm not the only one with this excellent idea, alas. I was so proud of myself. Oh well, I still think it's cool.



I think "Wild Thing" in fancy script underneath would add to the bad-assedness. Or perhaps "Wild Thang."

And I also think that I should start a children's librarian rock band and call it Wild Rumpus.

Whaddya think - any other children's librarian-appropriate suggestions? :-)

1 comment:

Tattoo Artist said...

I love hearing the story behind the tattoo. It's a good insight into the person who got it. Cool!