Okay, I've been away from WG for a while, but now I'm back for a challenge to find the best books published in 2008. I didn't think I'd read that many newly-published books this year, but apparently I did read some.
Here's my top 10 (so far, I might read something else by the deadline of October 25):
1. Mudbound by Hillary Jordan
2. The Pajama Girls of Lambert Square by Rosina Lippi
3. Girls in Trucks by Katie Crouch
4. Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella
5. Deep Dish by Mary Kay Andrews
6. The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen
7. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer & Annie Barrows
8. Suite Scarlett by Maureen Johnson
9. Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen
10. Mermaids in the Basement by Michael Lee West
Now, for WG #20 - everyone in the book blogosphere is invited to make lists to help find the Best of 2008! So please visit Weekly Geeks #19 for the details and to post your list on Mr. Linky. It can even be just one new book that you've loved. Plus, Dewey's doing a draw for a box of 11 books out of people who've signed up with their lists - bonus!